Monday, January 13, 2014

Great muffin recipe - incorporate Thrive fruits and other ingredients!

Here is a GREAT recipe in which you can incorporate Thrive fruits, like blueberries! 
Breakfast Muffin #3 . . . . Oat-ffins
A blend of baked oatmeal, muffin and the ‘kitchen sink’ –
Typically I don’t do recipes with a lot of bananas (too much sugar) or just oats. So, I added nuts, an egg and protein shake to ncrease the protein. Then, I added the ‘kitchen sink’.

5 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick)
¼ cup Xylitol (or other granular sweetener)
6 TBL protein shake (I used ViSalus)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder (Thrive)

2 2/3 cups water
2 1/2 cups ripe mashed banana (or Thrive bananas, blueberries or any other Thrive fruit)
(I used frozen, thawed, drained, mashed then measuerd)
¼ c. coconut oil, melted
1 egg (Thrive)
1 TBL vanilla

Mix dry ingredients. Mix the wet ingredients. Combine.
Add mix-ins: (the ‘kitchen sink”) chopped nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit (I used Thrive dried blueberries), coconut, and ground flaxseed (any other seeds).
Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes
Makes 30 Oat-ffins. Freezes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment