Monday, February 17, 2014

Crock-pot chicken quinoa soup recipe

We've had the "crud" in our house this winter, so I've been experimenting with a number of different chicken soup recipes.  This one is simmering right now!

Chicken Quinoa Soup (Crock Pot)
  • 1 large onion, diced  (I used my Thrive FD chopped onions)
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 6-8 stalks celery, diced (I used my Thrive FD celery)
  • 6-8 carrots, diced (I used my Thrive dehydrated carrots)
  • 2 chicken breasts, diced (I used fresh, but the Thrive FD diced chicken would be even better...no chopping!)
  • 1 T Cajun spice seasoning
  • 1 t smoked paprika
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1/4 C dried split peas (I used yellow, but green is fine)  (I used my Thrive green peas instead)
  • 1/2 C quinoa, rinsed (I used my Thrive quinoa)
  • 6 C low-sodium chicken broth (I used my Thrive Vegetable chicken broth)
  • 2 C water
  • salt and pepper to taste

I will post pictures after it's finished!  

No comments:

Post a Comment