Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Why prepare? Where is your trust?

I've had some people question me and my involvement with Shelf Reliance and Thrive Foods.  Their questions are somewhere along the lines of:


"Don't you trust the Lord to provide for you?"
and
"I'm believing God to give me what I need."
and the best ever:
"Well, the government will come through for us."


Let me answer all of these starting with the last one first:


The government...well, maybe you don't know this but our government has been stockpiling long-term storage food for YEARS now, but of course it's not widely publicized.  Rumor has it it's for the people...other rumors have it that it's for those in the highest offices of government when everything collapses.  Why would the government be doing this if they didn't know that something has got to give and will be giving soon?  I'm not so sure those stockpiles will be seeing the light of day for the average American.  


Question #2:  I too have a great faith in God and He will give what we need.  He's also given me what I need now, including the gift of discernment about the times in which we are living. Each of us must ask Him:  How then shall we live? 


Question #1:  I completely trust the Lord to provide for me.  He's provided in the past, and He's blessed me.  I am amply supplied by His hand alone and will be in the future as well.  This isn't about me or my family.  This is all about those whom we are called to love and serve and care for if and when various situations unfold where being the hands and feet of Jesus will come into play in ways we've never experienced before.  So, I trust that Lord is leading me and providing for me today and for us so that we can be a blessing to others.  


I love seeing people catch a vision that is beyond themselves and their worlds...to help others live thriving lives, and this is one small way to do it!  Check out MY WEBSITE HERE and get started today!

No comments:

Post a Comment