Monday, June 25, 2012

Yummy Recipe with Thrive ingredients included

Our vegetable garden is THRIVING!  One particular blessing we are reaping is zucchinis, so today, I decided to cook up a couple of recipes using some of the plethora of zucchinis we've harvested so far.  Upon opening the wonderful recipe book my aunt gave me years ago, I found a zucchini and carrot cookie recipe.  As is typical with me, I didn't have all the ingredients, namely the carrots, so I decided to substitute chocolate chips in 1/2 proportion to the zucchini.  Let's just say YUMMY!  If I can keep my hands and mouth off the cookies til my hubby gets home to try them, a miracle will have occurred.  


So, why am I writing about this on a THRIVE blog?  Because I was able to AVOID running out to the store to get butter, eggs and sugar and used my Thrive powdered butter (reconstituted with a bit of water), my Thrive egg powder (again, reconstituted with water), and Thrive sugar.  Here is the VERY EASY recipe for you to try yourself:


ZUCCHINI & CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup reconstituted Thrive butter
3/4 cup Thrive sugar
1 reconstituted Thrive egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup shredded raw zucchini, drained
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped nuts (optional)


Mix dry ingredients minus sugar together.  In large bowl, cream butter and sugar to fluffy.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Beat in dry ingredients, then zucchini and chocolate chips.  Add nuts if desired.  Drop on greased sheets and bake at 350 degrees F. for about 20 minutes.  Frost if desired with powdered sugar glaze.


For your convenience, here are the links to the Thrive ingredients I used in this recipe:


Thrive Egg Powder: 

Thrive Sugar 

Thrive Butter Powder 

And for anyone wondering, YES, these are REAL eggs and REAL butter!  

And just in case you need any more convincing, here is a picture of the plate of cookies...minus the two that I ate already!  





Be sure to visit my website which is linked here on the right hand column at the top and see what other wonderful foods you might want to try from Thrive!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment