Thursday, February 7, 2013

Another Thrive recipe...along with Visalus shake mix!

Ok, I realize I am now combining my THRIVE products with my VISALUS protein shake mix in recipes and they are turning out to be YUMMY! Here is an amazing recipe I just made: 

I just made the most incredible Pumpkin Thrive and Vi-cookies. Here is the recipe, which I chose to double because we like to share...and eat. :-)

Pumpkin Vi-cookies

1/2 cup organic refined coconut oil (shortening)
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs (reconstituted THRIVE eggs)
1 1/2 cups pumpkin (ours was from our home garden last summer!)
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 cups flour
1/2 cup VISALUS shake mix
1/4 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup slivered almonds (recipe calls for 1 cup chopped nuts and 1 cup raisins)

Cream shortening, sugars and eggs together. Blend in pumpkin and lemon juice. Add sifted dry ingredients, nuts and raisins and mix together. Drop by teaspoons on cookie sheet. (Cookies will puff up) Bake 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees. 


One could easily use Thrive sugar, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, and baking soda!  The best part was that I did not have to run out to the store to buy EGGS!!!  Saved time, money, energy, and so I was able to accomplish other things!  LOVIN' IT!

My husband, Paul Czaszewicz said, "These are REALLY good!" He took a few in to his colleagues today.

No comments:

Post a Comment